Updated: May 25
My favourite meal is a vegetable powered soup with a hearty bone broth base. Its easy, delicious, packed with nutrition and cost effective. Skip 99% of the supermarket aisle with expensive pre-packaged items and instead pack your shopping cart with fresh organic seasonal vegetables (If you live in Florida, Endlessly Organic will deliver to your doorstep. Use MSPETIT Promo Code for $5 OFF) and some grass-fed beef bones.
EASY STEPS TO MAKE BONE BROTH
1. Pick-up some biological grass-fed cow bones. In the Netherlands, I recommend to source through Ekoplaza, if your local Ekoplaza does not source directly, they will be able to direct you to a reliable source. If you are in the USA, the most reliable source I know for grass-fed cow bones is Butcher Box.
2. Place bones in a large stockpot and cover them with water.
3. Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to water prior to cooking. This helps to pull out important nutrients from the bones.
4. Add fresh Ginger, Turmeric, Leeks & Onions and Sea Salt. Fresh herbs like Sage, Thyme, Oregano and Rosemary are also an excellent addition. I like to tie the herbs together with a string and/or use a tea bag mesh so the herbs can be easily removed after the flavour and nutritional properties of the herbs have been diffused to the broth.
5. Bring to SIMMER on LOW HEAT for 8 to 14+ hours. DO NOT BOIL. You will start to have a nice tasty broth only after 2 hours on the stove. What I usually do is simmer the broth for few hours at a time over a series of days to get the most out of the bones all while enjoying it along the way! NOTE: You can always add more water as needed.
6. Finely chop up any fresh greens you can get your hands on like; Parsley, Cilantro, Kale, Bok Choy, Cabbage, Spinach and/or Collards and place in a bowl. Pour the hot bone broth over the fresh greens and let sit long enough so that the greens and/or herbs brighten up! Enjoy!!! TIP: If you really want to upgrade then put an egg on it! :-)
3 REASONS to have a POT of BONE BROTH on the STOVE:
1. Easy way to get your GREEN VEGETABLES in!! Simply add Bone Broth to ANY Seasonal Green Vegetables and Voila! You’ve got yourself an easy SUPER Healthy warm meal!
2. Easy way to get valuable AMINO ACIDS, COLLAGEN, GELATINE and TRACE MINERALS like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, sulphur and others
3. Very COST EFFECTIVE! Bones will only set you back a few euros and yet provide so much healthy goodness!!!
TOP 3 HEALTH BENEFITS OF BONE BROTH as one of the world’s best sources of natural COLLAGEN:
GOOD FOR THE GUT
MAINTAIIN HEALTHY SKIN
If you like the content, please check me out on instagram @mspetit for daily Performance, Lifestyle & Wellness inspiration. If you want to learn more about how the Bulletproof© Diet can help you to lose weight, lower inflammation, increase focus and energy, you can participate in my 1:1 individual coaching program 'FAST TRACK Bulletproof© DIET' which is designed to cater to your individual needs and get you started on a Bulletproof Lifestyle. The four week program includes a weekly 1:1 coaching session and on-going support during the process. To schedule simply email email@example.com with the most suitable days/times for your weekly session.